Review of the best Shark Hoover
The Shark hoover has certainly become one of the world’s leading vacuum brands over the last few years and it’s a popular choice among homeowners in the UK in particular.
If you are searching for a high-quality vacuum that comes with an innovative design and delivers on practically all your needs, it’s a great brand to explore.
Shark is a brand that is part of the Euro-Pro Group. The company is based in Canada and which focuses on home devices such as vacuums, steam mops kitchen appliances.
Their main goal is making life easier for use around the home. And, with technology like duo-clean floorheads, they have undoubtedly been at the forefront of innovation in the vacuuming market.
They now produce a wide range of different vacuum cleaners. All in various price groups that not only look stylish but deliver great suction and flexibility.
Here we take a closer look at four different models on the market at the moment. Each of which offers a number of innovative features and benefits for today’s modern homes.
1. Shark Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
Stick vacuum cleaners have become increasingly popular and have a number of advantages over upright models. They can often reach tricky places without having to be disassembled. The problem in the past has been getting the power into these types of design.
The Shark hoover Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner has an additional benefit in that it is cordless. It comes with an attached lithium battery that you can easily charge and which delivers about 22 minutes of cleaning time. Charge time on a fully discharged duo-clean battery is around three and a half hours.
The first thing that Shark says about their cordless stick vacuum cleaner is that it can reach just about anywhere in the home. You don’t have to move the couch back to get at the floor and you can easily reach high up to remove cobwebs.
It’s also pretty efficient when it comes to the stairs. The extended reach you get is invaluable around the home if you don’t want to be climbing on steps or furniture or have problems with mobility.
The Shark Cordless Vacuum Cleaner can be folded which certainly gives it an advantage over traditional upright models. That means you can store it away more easily and save on space, making it highly suitable for smaller homes.
The battery can be charged at any plug socket and can even be removed to charge alone or while still on the device. Unlike many other cleaners on the market, the Shark Cordless Stick Vacuum moves from carpet or rug to hard floor with little or no difficulty and that’s largely because of the two brush technology in the brush head.
Finally, you can also convert the Shark hoover to a handheld vacuum that can be used for those challenging jobs such as cleaning the stairs and the car.
What Customers Say
Customers say that the Shark hoover compares very favourably with other stick vacuums on the market and that it is really easy to handle in all conditions. Because it’s light and manoeuvrable, it’s suitable for people of all ages and it handles both thick carpet and hardwood floors well.
- It’s light and highly manoeuvrable and deals with both hard floors and carpets pretty well.
- The cord-free innovation means that you don’t have to worry about finding a plug while you get on with your work.
- It’s great for flats and can be folded up as a space-saving measure which gives it a distinct advantage over upright vacuums.
- Suction is slightly less than for an upright cleaner with a plug and cord, but it’s still pretty powerful and suitable for most homes.
- The 22 hour battery time means that you may not be able to vacuum a whole house in one go but you can buy additional units and have them on charge ready if you want to do everything in one go.
2. Shark Upright Vacuum Cleaner
This is a traditional-looking upright vacuum cleaner that comes with a few surprises. The first of these is the powered lift-away technology. This means you can remove the plastic collector and the wand and have room to reach under low furniture because the suction and brushes just keep on turning and collecting the dirt.
It means you can also quickly detach from the man body of the vacuum cleaner. This gives you great versatility whether cleaning the stairs or curtain areas and valances. That certainly puts it on an equal pairing with the Shark Stick Vacuum Cleaner.
Great for Pet Hair
It’s a powerful vacuum and is ideal if you have pets and want a flexible cleaner that can pick up those pesky loose hairs and other ingrained dust and dirt. It works just as well on a hard floor, carpets and stairs and, with an 8-metre cord, is great for homes of all sizes.
If you’re someone who suffers from allergies, there’s some more good news. The Shark Upright Vacuum Cleaner also has an allergenic seal. This captures most of the dust and any allergens in the plastic container.
It’s a vacuum cleaner that delivers consistently strong results. Plus it also provides a deep clean that competes well with other makes on the market.
What Customers Say
While it’s a little on the heavy side, this is a vacuum cleaner that is easy to assemble and maintain. Customers say that it’s excellent at switching between carpet and hard flooring without much effort and the swivel head is amazing for getting into corners.
- It’s a robust but easy to handle vacuum cleaner that comes at a mid-range price.
- The 8-metre cord means you have more than enough to clean large spaces without having to unplug.
- The main compartment lifts off and can be used as a light and highly portable cleaner with an extendable and flexible wand.
- Additional attachments make this a very versatile vacuum cleaner that comes at a competitive cost.
- As well as the usual attachments you’d expect with a vacuum, it also comes with the pet power brush to make cleaning away cat and dog hairs a breeze.
- Storage may be a problem in smaller homes where there is limited room.
- While the vacuum isn’t cordless, the fact that you can remove the ‘bag’ and wand means that you probably have all the flexibility that you need, even when cleaning the stairs.
3. Shark Lift-Away Upright Vacuum Cleaner
This is another model that allows you to move seamlessly from upright to portable whenever you need to. The Shark Lift-Away Upright Vacuum Cleaner quickly converts into a handheld device that is excellent for hoovering the stairs or getting at the ceiling and curtains, as well as other hard to reach spaces such as cupboards and car interiors.
With enhanced swivel steering, it also has a powerful suction compared to other devices on the market that should help you deeply clean any location in your home. LED lights provide more illumination for those hard to reach places such as cupboards and under furniture. As with all Shark vacuum products, the Lift-Away comes with a solid five-year guarantee.
This is a versatile cleaner that gives you plenty of options including the ability to lift off cat and dog hair with the pet power brush attachment. The ergonomic handle means that cleaning is an absolute breeze and there is absolutely no loss of suction when the portable part of the vacuum is detached.
Again, the Shark Lift-Away Upright Vacuum Cleaner comes with a standard 8-metre cord that is suitable for most homes. With the anti-allergen compartment, it also keeps the dust and other allergens tightly sealed in while you are cleaning the floors.
What Customers Say
Customers love the ease of use and the fact that the vacuum can be taken apart and used as a portable cleaner. As with other models, you will have the ability to move from carpet to wood or lino floor. Again, those looking for a lighter machine may be a little disappointed but for many, this is a high-quality vacuum that really delivers.
- It comes with a wide range of attachments including the pet power brush which is ideal for cat and dog hair.
- The detachable wand and dust canister means that you have a flexible solution to your home cleaning needs.
- With an 8 metre cord and plenty of power, it’s a traditional vacuum cleaner with a modern design that is easy to use anywhere in the house.
- The Shark Lift-Away Upright Vacuum Cleaner is a little heavier than the cordless stick variety.
- The cord ties up to the device and does not snap back as in other brands which can make putting the vacuum away a little bit more of a chore.
4. Shark Cordless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
The Shark Cordless Upright Vacuum Cleaner is another exciting product that delivers power without a mains connection. The excellent lithium battery can provide up to 50 minutes run time which is sufficient for most average-sized homes. You can recharge by either with the battery-free or attached to the vacuum and usually takes about three and a half hours.
If you’re looking for more freedom and just as much power as with a traditional cord vacuum cleaner, this upright ticks all the boxes.
Even though it’s cordless, the cleaner packs a fair punch and is excellent for cleaning up pet hairs, especially with the specially designed motorised pet tool. Even stubborn hairs are relatively easy to get rid of in a short time.
As with other cleaners in the range, this Shark hoover model can be used as an upright or you can use the powered lift-away in order to be more portable. That means you can reach all the hard places like under your furniture, give the walls and ceiling the once over or even get the dust off the curtains.
It’s the kind of upright vacuum cleaner that you use practically anywhere with ease, whether it’s cleaning the kitchen, bathroom or stairs, or if you’re outside giving the car a quick valet.
Dual Brush System
Unlike the two previous models, the Shark Hoover Cordless Upright Vacuum Cleaner also comes with the company’s patented dual brush cleaning technology which means you can really get deep down into those carpets. As you might expect, it’s a cleaner that works well on all surfaces including thick rugs and carpets and wood floors and moves effortlessly from one to the other.
The anti-allergen dust compartment is simple to remove as well as empty and the whole vacuum is ergonomically satisfying with its swivel head and comfortable handle.
What Customers Say
Most customers say they love the design of the Shark Cordless Upright Vacuum Cleaner and it certainly looks the part if you are searching for a substantial and effective product. It’s easy to switch between different modes and everything clips together and comes apart pretty easily. This Shark model is a high-quality vacuum cleaner that is built to last and comes with a five-year guarantee.
- This is the top of the Shark hoover range and is suitable for all types of homes.
- The strong suction is a step above other cordless machines on the market and it’s ideal for hoovering up stubborn cat and dog hairs as well as ingrained dust.
- The lithium battery gives you a pretty creditable 50 minutes of hoovering before you have to recharge again which means you can probably cover the whole house in one go.
- It comes with a range of attachments including the pet and slot brush.
- The detachable wand and dust compartment means that you can quickly turn this into a mobile hoover for the stairs or cleaning the car.
- As with other upright Shark vacuums, it’s a little heavier than the stick cleaner and that may be a problem for some.
- If you have mobility issues, it can be a difficult vacuum cleaner to handle.